With 2015 seeing some of the most significant changes to the structure and requirements of ISO 14001, this webinar will provide an overview of the key changes and new structure of ISO 14001, and the possible impact these changes may have on your environmental management system (EMS).
We will also share with you LRQA’s 6 steps for a seamless transition, and provide insight into the key questions LRQA assessors will be asking during your transition assessment. Published on 15 September 2015, ISO 14001:2015 has now entered the next phase where organisations certified to ISO 14001:2004 can now start their transition to the new standard.
View the on-demand webinar now.
Organisations have 3 years to complete their transition otherwise their existing ISO 14001:2004 certificate will become invalid. This webinar will bring you up to speed with all you need to know to achieve a successful transition to ISO 14001:2015.
You will learn:
- The new structure of ISO 14001:2015 Annex SL (the new high level structure and common terminology for all new and revised ISO standards) is the single biggest change to the ISO 14001:2015 document. Annex SL is driving the incorporation of the EMS into the strategic thinking of the organisation and increases the responsibilities of leadership within the EMS for top management.
- What’s new in ISO 14001:2015? The new standard has been written to provide a framework that will protect the environment with new environmental policy commitments to be developed and demonstrated. Whilst still based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, at the heart of this is now leadership and top management commitment to the EMS. Understanding your organisation and its context, including establishing the needs and expectations of interested parties will allow you to determine the risks and opportunities associated with environmental aspects, whilst demonstrating continual improvement that enhances environmental performance. So with a new structure, terms and definitions as well as enhancements to policy commitments, there have been many new and revised requirements defined.
- 6 Steps for a seamless transition to ISO14001:2015 - We will talk through each of the 6 steps that will lead your organisation from their current position to a successful certification assessment against ISO14001:2015.
- Key questions assessors will be asking about your EMS - Find out those parts of the EMS that certification assessors will be concentrating their time and audit trails on so that you are prepared for a seamless transition assessment.
- The ISO 14001:2015 certification timeline - We will look at the development journey ISO 14001 has been through and look forward to the key milestones in terms of transition and certification.
- How LRQA can help you on your transition journey - LRQA is well placed to help and support organisations with their transition. Our assessors and trainers understand the challenges ahead, and we recognise that every organisation and its management system are unique. The impact of the new standard will be dependent on the complexity of your organisation and the maturity of your existing environmental management system.
This webinar is a great starting point for your environmental management system team, internal auditors and top management to gain insight into the new changes, and to kick-start your preparation and planning for your transition to ISO 14001:2015.