CQI & IRCA certified training course number: 1956
You need this course if ...
- you want to audit OH&S Management Systems against ISO 45001 requirements
You will learn …
- the purpose and benefits of an OH&S management system
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit OHSAS 45001 requirements
- the importance of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- how organisations can take a preventive approach to risk management through the effective implementation of ISO 45001
- the roles and responsibilities of an Auditor and Lead Auditor
- to plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s OH&S policy and objectives
- to prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes, areas and between members of an audit team
- how to prepare for your audits by developing effective checklists
- how to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- how to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- how to report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 45001, write and grade nonconformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- how to present your overall evaluation to top management
- the certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA
You will need …
Knowledge of the following occupational health & safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The ‘Annex SL’ high level structure upon which ISO 45001 has been based
- The purpose and benefits of an OH&S management system
- A basic knowledge of managing OH&S through hazard identification, risk assessment, risk control, compliance with legal and other requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing Lloyd’s Register ISO 45001 Appreciation and Interpretation course or ISO 45001 Internal Auditor course
It is the delegate’s responsibility to ensure that they meet these basic pre-requisites
Your future development ...
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- QMS and EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- IOSH and NEBOSH courses
A copy of the standard is provided with this course
- Five days
- LR has been awarded accreditation by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) for our ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor course.
Course Assessment: Continuous assessment and a 2-hour examination.