Enterprise Risk Management
Risk is inherent in everything we do and uncertainties need to be managed. As Organisations are becoming increasingly aware of the fundamental need to manage risk as a major part of their management and future business strategies. An enterprise-wide approach to risk management allows organisations to consider the potential impact of all types of risks upon processes, activities, stakeholders, products, services, to realise business objectives and seize new opportunities.
Our two-day course aims to provide you with the fundamental principles of risk management using an integrated approach. It will provide the relevant knowledge and skills required for you and your business to manage risk systematically to improve performance within all areas of your organisation to maximise all opportunities and minimise all threats.
Incorporating real case studies and interactive multimedia, this course will bring the subject to life and cater for all learning styles to enable learners to make more informed transparent decisions that become embedded in the daily operational rhythm of your organisation.
- To understand how enterprise risk management can be used to support your organisation in achieving its objectives and targets.
- To give you the skills to effectively assess risk, to select appropriate risk treatment measures and understand risks are not always bad!
- To help you understand the benefits of risk management and its relationship with business continuity, governance, social responsibility and sustainability.
- To support you in influencing and improving operational management, quality and risk performance through the framework of an integrated enterprise risk management system.
- To ensure you understand the importance of incorporating business continuity into the enterprise risk framework to ensure your organisation can withstand the worst.
- Ensure that you and your organisation are rewarded by the theory and practical implementation learnt over the two days.
Introduction to Risk Management Principles
- Define risk management and its purpose.
- Evaluate the core elements and principles of risk management.
- Outline the risk management process.
- Examine the enterprise wide inter-disciplinary approach to risk management and its contemporary application.
- Apply risk management theories and processes to a diversified range of organisational contexts including your own.
Risk Management Process
- Explore the importance of communication and culture in the risk management process.
- Introduce the importance of risk context in relation to the organisation’s policies.
- Outline the theory of risk identification.
- Understand why risks must be described correctly.
- Explain the approaches to risk identification, analysis, evaluation and treatment.
- Developing a Risk Register and incorporating into the risk management framework.
Risk Management framework and embedding a positive risk culture
- Demonstrate and build risk management framework.
- Appreciating the importance of a positive risk culture, how it significantly affects the capability to take strategic risk decisions and deliver on performance promises.
- Discuss how to embed risk management.
- Demonstrate risk policy and strategy implementation.
- Outline the benefits of risk management.
Dates and Venues