The AS9100 family of standards is an ISO 9001 based suite with additions and interpretations specific to the aerospace industry. Emphasis is placed on areas deemed to have the greatest impact on safety, reliability and regulatory compliance for aerospace products.
Whether you are a stockist distributor, maintenance organisation or manufacturer working within the aerospace sector, LRQA can now provide you with the full range of certification services to AS/EN 9100, AS/EN 9110 and AS/EN 9120.
As a market leader in the provision of Business Assurance services throughout the Aerospace industry, we understand the challenges you face. Our assessors are aerospace engineers and industry specialists who are matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust audit of your system.
Benefits of AS9100
- Easy integration – it has a similar format to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, so it's easy to integrate with the standards you're using at the moment
- Best practice – recognised globally, AS9100 gives you access to best practices from across the aerospace industry
- Reduced costs – it reduces the need for second party audits
- Competitive edge – it enables you to supply to the major aerospace manufacturers
Why choose LRQA for AS9100?
- LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in QMS and AS assessments and certification for years.
Proven Track Record
- We have high-profile clients in the aerospace and related sectors.
- Our assessors are management systems experts qualified in the aerospace sector.
What is AS9100 certification?
Certification to AS/EN 9100 offers benefits to suppliers that currently need to demonstrate sector specific compliance. This has significant benefits in helping reduce or eliminate multiple assessments with the additional benefits of reduction in disruption to the business, associated paperwork and costs.
Certification is provided in accordance with the global IAQG certification scheme, AS 9104 which applies only to aerospace products. Assessments are conducted by specialist assessors who have been authenticated by the aerospace industry and registered on the IAQG Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS) database. The assessment uses process based methods defined in AS9101D and reported using process effectiveness reports. Report summaries are entered onto the IAQG OASIS system.