LRQA's new Carbon and Energy Management Scheme (CEMS) is our equivalent to the Carbon Trust Standard. It provides clients with the verified data they need to submit for the Early Action Metric of the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC EES).
Benefits of CEMS
- Reduce costs - increase energy efficiency of your organisation and reduce costs
- Stakeholder confidence - demonstrate validated continual improvements in emissions reduction
- Financial protection - pay less 'carbon tax' by actively managing your energy efficiency
Why choose LRQA for CEMS?
GHG Verification Specialists
- LRQA is accredited to provide GHG emissions verification across 18 European countries and this is rapidly expanding globally.
Proven Track Record
- We have high profile clients in the nuclear, waste management, government, aerospace and utilities sectors.
- Our assessors are trained management systems and verification experts. Their experience and our support will directly benefit your organisation.
What is CEMS certification?
Unlike some other carbon energy management standards, CEMS uses the ISO 50001 energy management system standard as its base, although ISO 14064 can also be used as the scheme base.
This is important because revenue from carbon allowance purchases in the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme is not now 'recycled' back to participants. To pay less 'carbon tax' you must actively manage your energy efficiency to reduce your carbon footprint - not just record it.
Carbon and Energy Management Scheme CEMS from LRQA will help you to increase your energy efficiency, to reduce your costs, to pay less 'carbon tax' and yet still demonstrate validated continual improvements in emissions reduction as per the CRC EES obligation.
LRQA was the first certification body to achieve a full scope of accreditation to ISO 14001 from the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). Developing our ISO 50001 service capability and subsequently our Carbon and Energy Management Scheme was a natural extension to this, as we are already accredited to provide GHG emissions verification across 18 European countries and rapidly extending this worldwide.