A growing number of organisations are looking to voluntarily monitor and report their greenhouse gas emissions and better manage their organisational carbon footprint. In response to this demand, the international standard, ISO 14064 has been developed to provide a framework for greenhouse gas accounting and verification. Verification to ISO 14064 will also help organisations comply with the requirement by the UK Government announced recently for quoted companies to report emissions data from April 2013.
We provide a range of validation and verification services providing credibility and assurance to organisational GHG emissions assertions and reports and to help support organisational claims.
LRQA was in the first group of verification bodies to gain accreditation to ISO 14065, allowing us to deliver accredited verification to a full scope for ISO 14064 part 1 in any organisation or business sector. As such we are in an ideal position to provide support and guidance.
Benefits of ISO 14064
- Minimising risk - developing robust internal mechanisms for quantifying and reporting your GHG emissions
- Best practice - improving your commitment to reducing your GHG emissions
- Stakeholder confidence - demonstrating this to your stakeholders through independent and impartial validation and verification
- Reducing costs - quantifying and reporting emission reductions from projects
Why choose LRQA for ISO 14064?
- As on of the first verification bodies to gain accreditation, LRQA has been providing verification for many years. Our years of experience and knowledge will benefit your organisation.
- Our assessors are management systems experts, qualified in greenhouse gas verification and all aspects of environmental standards.
Proven Track Record
- We have high profile clients in the nuclear, utilities, waste management and government sectors.
What is ISO 14064 certification?
ISO 14064 has been developed to provide a framework for greenhouse gas accounting and verification. Verification to ISO 14064 will also help organisations comply with the requirement by the UK Government announced recently for quoted companies to report emissions data from April 2013. ISO 14064:2006 has been prepared in three parts
Part 1 details the principles and requirements for designing, developing, managing and reporting organisational level GHG emissions inventories assertions and reports. It includes guidance on quality management of the GHG emissions inventory, reporting, internal auditing and the organisation's responsibilities for verification.
Part 2 focuses on GHG projects or project based activities specifically designed to reduce GHG emissions or increase GHG removals.
Part 3 provides principles, requirements and guidance for those conducting GHG emissions data and information validation and verification. It describes a process for providing assurance to intended users that organizational or project GHG emissions assertions and reports are complete, accurate, consistent, transparent and without material discrepancies.