This sustainability event management system standard offers the industry a best practice framework to allow organisations to follow a more sustainable path.
Benefits of ISO 20121
- helps you to improve sustainable performance within available budgets.
- Energy efficiency - assists in reducing carbon emissions and waste, improving the resource efficiency of the entire event supply chain.
- Social Responsibility - improves your social impacts, such as community involvement and fair employment.
- Environmental management - reduces environmental impacts such as carbon usage, waste management and effects on biodiversity.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 20121?
- We have been carrying out certification to management system standards for many years and have gained a wealth of knowledge which through support and guidance is passed to you.
- Our assessors are highly trained experts and are qualified in all aspects of sustainable and environmental standards.
- Our Business Assurance approach means that in addition to gaining certification, our assessment approach helps your management system to grow with the organisation.
What is ISO 20121 certification?
It requires organisations to identify those activities that impact on the environment and society and then put measures in place to minimise any negative impacts. As it is based on the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle, in common with other ISO standards, it is simpler to integrate with the company’s existing management system standards.
It is relevant to all types and sizes of organisations involved in the events industry covering those responsible for commissioning, venues, organisers, licensees, commercial partners, media and suppliers. The standard covers all events ranging from small festivals and shows right up to international sporting and social events.
The ISO 20121 standard gives easy to follow guidance to assist organisations in implementing the requirements and to manage their sustainability risks and opportunities (environmental, financial and social).