The specification was developed to specify requirements for prerequisite programs to assist in controlling food safety standards within the manufacturing processes of the food supply chain. ISO/TS 22002-1 standard is intended to be used with ISO 22000.
It specifies requirements for establishing, implementing and maintaining prerequisite programs to assist in controlling food safety hazards in the food manufacturing processes of the food supply chain. Applicable to all organisations involved in the food manufacturing processes of the supply chain, ISO/TS 22002-1 standard is not designed, or intended for use, in other parts of the food supply chain.
The development was sponsored by the Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the European Union (CIAA), now known as FoodDrinkEurope, the largest trade body representing the interests of the food and drink industry.
Our technical specialists were members of the development steering group which also included major food manufacturers, Danone, Kraft, Nestle and Unilever and representatives from the Food and Drink Federation (FDF), McDonald’s, General Mills Europe (representing the FDF Food Hygiene Committee), and French National Association of Food Industries (representing CIAA).
There are good commercial reasons why food manufacturers should consider ensuring conformance – and independent certification – to ISO/TS 22002-1 standard.
Importantly this specification allows for external certification. LRQA is ideally placed to offer a robust assessment against ISO/TS 22002-1:2009. As a contributor to the steering group we have in depth knowledge and the expertise to offer a robust and pragmatic assessment.
Benefits of ISO/TS 22002-1
- Commercial – the specification has been developed and supported by key food manufactures
- Integration – It have been designed to work with ISO 22000
- Stakeholder satisfaction – meets the requirements of the prerequisite programs of food manufacturing stakeholders
- Reduced costs – seamless integration with other standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 so minimising duplication and reducing costs
- Competitive edge – a management system based on ISO 22000 and ISO/TS 22002-1 provides a platform to becoming certificated to the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognised FSSC 22000 scheme
Why choose LRQA for ISO/TS 22002-1?
- LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in food safety systems for years.
Proven Track Record
- We have high-profile clients in food and drink manufacturing and processing
- Our assessors are management systems experts in food safety.