The business continuity standard, ISO 22301, specifies requirements for setting up and managing an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). It is auditable, enabling organisations to demonstrate compliance.
Benefits of ISO 22301
- Minimising risk - increased resilience when faced with organisational threat
- Resilience - enhanced capability to handle disruption and protect brand reputation when integrated with business planning
- Reducing costs - action plan rehearsals mean that, should the worst happen, the organisation's financial position is protected
Why choose LRQA for ISO 22301?
- LRQA has a long standing relationship with the Business Continuity Institute who are leaders in business continuity development.
Proven track record
- We have high profile clients in the IT, defence, government, justice and telecommunications sectors.
- LRQA has been carrying out assessments against business continuity standards for many years and our experience will benefit your organisation.
What is ISO 22301 certification?
ISO 22301 introduces a requirement for metrics for business continuity management, as well as additional emphasis for BCMS operational planning and setting controls.
Using industry best practice guide as a foundation, the standard has been introduced specifically to enable you to understand, develop and implement a structured and formalise a Business Continuity Management system which will help minimise risk and therefore the chance of disruption to your organisation.
How is ISO 22301 related to BS 25999?
ISO 22301 is based on the legacy standard BS 25999 which has now been withdrawn. ISO 22301 was published by the International Organization for Standarization in 2012 and is accepted worldwide.