ISO 28000 is an international standard for security management systems for the supply chain. It is suitable for all sizes and types of organisations including service industries, transportation, energy, manufacturing and marine.
Certification to ISO 28000 provides a valuable framework for organisations working in, or relying on, the logistics industry helping minimise the risk of security incidents and so help problem-free ‘just in time’ delivery.
It will also provide substantial support in achieving the EU Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certification, a crucial certificate for companies importing and exporting with the EU.
Benefits of ISO 28000
- Minimise risk - reduce the risk of security incidents which could impact on crucial delivery times
- Reducing costs - identifying potential incidents early reduces the risk to your bottom line
- Best practice - continual improvement of processes will benefit your organisation in the long run
- Stakeholder confidence - demonstrate your commitment to supply chain security and your customers' security
Why choose LRQA for ISO 28000?
- We have a dedicated Technical team who are on hand to answer any question you may have to save you waiting until your next visit.
- LRQA is a global certification provider so you can have peace of mind that wherever you are, LRQA can carry out your assessment.
- All of our assessors have been fully trained and qualified to deliver assessments against
ISO 28000 in addition to being fully security cleared against national standards.
What is ISO 28000 certification?
ISO 28000 is a risk based management system standard which is also based on the ‘plan – do – check – act’ model in a similar way to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. This means that those organisations already familiar with these standards will be able to use a similar approach when analysing supply chain security risks and threats and also be able to integrate the requirements of ISO 28000 into an existing management system.
Having issued the first ISO 28000 global certificate and gained UKAS global accreditation, we are in a prime position to share our experience and expertise to help our clients manage security risks and assure continuity of supply. You can also rest assured that all our assessors involved in delivering supply chain security services have been security vetted in line with appropriate national security clearance requirements.