ISO 28000:2007 is an international standard which specifies the requirements for a security management system, including the aspects critical to security assurance of the supply chain. With this standard, organisations of all sizes and types, including service industries, transportation, energy, manufacturing and marine, can demonstrate that they have procedures in place to help them manage any risks identified in the security of their supply chains.
Certification to ISO 28000 provides a valuable framework for organisations working in, or relying on, the transportation and logistics industry helping minimise the risk of security incidents driven by theft, terrorism and piracy.
It also provides substantial support in achieving the EU Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certification, a crucial certificate for companies importing and exporting with the EU.
ISO 28000:2007 is relevant to organisations within the international supply chain that wish to:
- Implement, maintain and improve a security management system
- Achieve and demonstrate conformance with to security management policy
- Obtain certification of their security management system by an Accredited third party Certification Body
- Contribute to the supply chain security.
Benefits of 28000
- Minimise risk - reduce the risk of security incidents which could impact on crucial delivery times
- Reducing costs - identifying potential incidents early reduces the risk to your bottom line
- Best practice - continual improvement of processes will benefit your organisation in the long run
- Stakeholder confidence - demonstrate your commitment to supply chain security and your customers' security
- Market advantage - compliance can improve your business confidence, reputation and future growth.
More about ISO 28000
ISO 28000 is a risk based management system standard which is also based on the ‘plan - do - check - act’ model in a similar way to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS standards. This means that those organisations already familiar with these standards will be able to use a similar approach when analysing supply chain security risks and threats and also integrate the requirements of ISO 28000 into an existing management system.
Having issued the first ISO 28000 global certificate and gained UKAS global accreditation, we are in a prime position to share our experience and expertise to help our clients manage security risks and assure continuity of supply. All our assessors involved in delivering supply chain security services have been security vetted in line with appropriate national security clearance requirements.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 28000
Technical Support - We have a dedicated Technical team who are on hand to answer any question you may have to save you waiting until your next visit.
Global Presence - LRQA is a global certification provider so you can have peace of mind that wherever you are, LRQA can carry out your assessment.
Experience - All of our assessors have been fully trained and qualified to deliver assessments against ISO 28000 in addition to being fully security cleared against national standards.
Whether you are interested in developing your expertise or you are new to ISO 28000, LRQA can support you with the right resources and services. If you would like to know more, complete our enquiry form.