If your organisation is currently certified to ISO 50001:2011 and you're looking at transitioning your energy management system (EnMS) to reflect the ISO 50001:2018 standard requirements, this training course can help.
By providing an overview on the extent and nature of the changes to the new ISO 50001:2018 standard, this course will help you detect any gaps in your existing EnMS to help your organisation transition smoothly to the new standard.
Benefits of attending
If you are responsible for your organisation's EnMS then you will be looking to transition to ISO 50001:2018 before August 2021, when ISO 50001:2011 will be withdrawn. Lloyd's Register has developed this one-day workshop to help.
- Annex SL. The new high-level structure for management system standards, this workshop provides an overview on Annex SL and it's influence on shaping the future of all new and revised ISO standards.
- ISO 50001:2018 and Annex SL. Understanding Annex SL will help interpret the impact it will have on ISO 50001:2018 and your organisation's EnMS. This workshop explains new concepts such as organisational context, risk-based thinking and the role of leadership and how these may be applied in your EnMS.
- ISO 50001:2018 Changes. This workshop will provide an overview on the changes to ISO 50001 including energy performance indicators and baselines, clarification on the requirements of the energy data collection plan and making sure you understand the importance of clear and accessible key energy performance concepts.
- ISO 50001:2018 Timelines. By explaining the transition period until the changes become mandatory, this workshop will help you to develop an achievable transition plan to help make sure your organisation achieves certification to ISO 50001:2018 before the 2011 version is withdrawn.
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you're responsible for your organisation's EnMS and ISO 50001:2011 certification and have been tasked with implementing the changes and transitioning to ISO 50001:2018 before the 2011 version is withdrawn.
What will you learn?
- What Annex SL is and its influence in shaping the future of all management systems standards
- The impact of Annex SL on this current revision of ISO 50001
- The additional/changed requirements defined in ISO 50001:2018
- Transition period and how long you have before the changes become mandatory
What do I need to prepare for the course?
You will need to possess some knowledge of ISO 50001:2011 requirements and energy management systems.
- 10:30 - 15:30 part-day training
- 4 CPD hours
- Training presentation and slides
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
Dates and Venues