ISO/PAS 28007:2012 Ships and marine technology - Guidelines for Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSC) providing privately contracted armed security personnel (PCASP) on board ships (and pro forma contract).
Benefits of ISO/PAS 28007
- Competitive edge – ISO/PAS 28007 certiﬁcation with LRQA can enhance your credibility by demonstrating that you provide appropriate Privately Contracted Armed Security Personnel (PCASP) services on board ships.
- Best Practice - ISO/PAS 28007 certiﬁcation with LRQA gives you (and your customers, trading partners and other key stakeholders) conﬁdence that you have addressed all external and internal issues relating to your PCASP.
- Reduced costs – Save time and money explaining your capabilities to potential clients and, by following a methodical risk assessment approach, it ensures resources are applied to reduce overall security risks.
Why choose LRQA for ISO/PAS 28007?
Flexible Service Options
- We can provide a range of certification services to help you gain ISO/PAS 28007 certification. These include: Training, optional Gap Analysis, Certification and Surveillance.
Private Maritime Security Specialists
- With nearly 30 years' experience in management system certification, we are able to provide assessors who have experience working within your sector and can certify you to ISO/PAS 28007
- Ever tougher stakeholder demands means you need better operational control, performance and risk management. Our account managers tailor our services to meet your needs, going beyond traditional assessment.
What is ISO/PAS 28007?
The increased threat to commercial shipping by piracy in the Indian Ocean and other areas around the world has led to extensive use of Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSC) that supply PCASP to provide security on board vessels transiting the high risk areas.
ISO/PAS 28007 was published in 2012 due to rapid growth in the number of maritime security companies and the implications of using PCASP (legal issues, safety concerns for seafarers and varying national regulations).
ISO/PAS 28007 gives guidelines containing additional sector-specific requirements, which PMSCs wishing to comply with ISO 28000 can implement to demonstrate that they provide appropriate PCASP services on board ships. Compliance to the ISO 28007 specification demonstrated by ISO 28000 certification.