ISO/TS 16949:2009 aims for the development of a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the automotive supply chain. ISO/TS 16949 applies to the design and development, production and, where relevant, the installation and servicing of automotive-related products.
As one of the leading certification bodies in the world, LRQA is one of a select few recognised by the scheme’s owners, the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) to provide this certification. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) is the UK trade association member of the IATF, with whom we have signed an agreement enabling us to provide our services globally.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949
- Reduced costs – it will lead to improved product and process quality, so reducing costs.
- Increase confidence – it will give your company more confidence when you bid for global sourcing contracts.
- Reduction in multiple assessments – can help reduce or eliminate multiple assessments for those suppliers currently needing to comply with more than one set of supplier requirements.
- Supplier of choice – it helps you to gain work with many of the world's largest automotive manufacturers which include certification to ISO/TS 16949:2009 as a contractual requirement.
- Easily integrated – it is easier to integrate with existing management system standards as based on ISO 9001.
Why choose LRQA for ISO/TS 16949?
- LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in QMS and TS assessment and certification for a number of years.
Proven Track Record
- We have high-profile clients in the automotive sector.
- Our assessors are management systems experts qualified in automotive.
What is ISO/TS 16949 certification?
For organisations working within the automotive sector, certification to ISO/TS 16949 represents a significant opportunity for standardisation and improvement. Whether you are contractually obliged to gain certification to this standard or you are looking to gain new business or enter new markets, certification to this standard offers significant benefits.