The BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers, Issue 1, is a certifiable standard for organisations that operate in the food supply chain but do not have their own production, storage or distribution facilities.
Benefits of BRC Agents and Brokers certification
- Stakeholder confidence . Whether you’re an established global supplier or trading locally, this standard ensures your customers and stakeholders have confidence in your operational services and supply chain management.
- Competitive advantage . Gaining certification to the BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers will provide you with competitive advantage with certification to the BRC standards becoming a prerequisite of trading with leading retailers.
- Achievable . Written by industry experts, the standard is easy to understand yet it’s designed to reflect best practice and provide a common sense, risk-based approach to product safety.
- Cost effective . There are no hidden costs to gaining certification and it may even save you money in the long run by helping to reduce costly mistakes.
Why choose LRQA?
BRC approved certification body
- LRQA has been providing certification to the BRC Global Standards since they were introduced in 1998 and is approved by the BRC to provide certification services to the Agents and Brokers Standard.
- Our assessors are qualified food safety management system experts enabling LRQA to be at the forefront of food safety standard development and certification for a number of years.
Proven track record
- We have a number of high profile clients in the food and food packaging supply chain and are widely known, not only for our certification services, but also the added value our assessors provide to really understanding an organisation’s business needs.
What is BRC for Agents and Brokers certification?
It has been developed for organisations that buy, sell or facilitate the trade of products to help them manage product safety, quality and legality for businesses in the food and food packaging industries.
These types of organisations (agents and brokers) are critical in the food/food packaging supply chain as they are responsible for maintaining an effective chain of traceability and influence supplier product safety and quality standards.
The BRC Global Standard for Agents and Brokers has therefore been designed to promote best practice on product safety, quality and the operational conditions criteria required to fulfil commitments of legal compliance and consumer protection.