Issue 8 of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is expected to be published in August 2018 and Issue 7 will become redundant in February 2019, when the audits for version 8 will commence.
For this issue, the focus has been on understanding stakeholders’ requirements and the developments affect the following main areas:
- New requirements for environmental monitoring
- Increased consideration of food safety culture
- New cyber security clauses for product security and food defence
- High risk, high care and ambient high care production risk zones
- Integration of pet food
- GFSI benchmarking and global applicability.
Food safety Standard Issue 8 also maintains the principles developed in Issue 7 regarding the incorporation of Additional Modules.
If you would like more information about BRC Global Standards certification call us on 0800 783 2179 or complete our enquiry form