Global Climate Change Reporting System
The CDP is an independent not-for-profit organisation holding the largest database of primary corporate climate change and water use information in the world.
More than 3,000 organisations from more than 60 countries around the world measure and disclose their greenhouse gas emissions, water use and climate change strategies through the CDP. Organisations who report their climate data to the CDP do so to set reduction targets and make performance improvements over time.
Why is Independent Verification important?
Measurement and disclosure is a key step for a company to take on the path of data collection, carbon and water management and reduction. Third party verification and assurance of your climate and water data is critical to ensuring the credibility of your reported data and the continued credibility of the CDP program. And, an increasing number of companies who report their data to the CDP recognise the importance of independent verification and assurance of their reported claims, and are choosing to work with an internationally trusted and accredited verifier, like LRQA.
LRQA's tailored service and ISO 14064
LRQA is among a select group of CDP partners, recognised for our expertise and credibility at providing impartial, internationally accredited and trusted sustainability and climate data verification services around the world. For organisations looking to verify their data for the CDP, LRQA’s tailored verification services can apply to a wide array of reporting and verification standards, including but not limited to the ISO 14064, WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, The Climate Registry, AA1000AS, regulated programs and our client’s internal corporate standards.
From early stage training and gap analysis services to full verification of your inventory against a chosen standard meeting CDP criteria, LRQA services will ensure your information is fit for purpose.
Benefits of Choosing LRQA
LRQA helps organisations manage their climate change challenges to improve environmental and business performance to meet stakeholders’ needs against a range of national and international GHG standards. Recognised by more than 45 accreditation bodies around the world, LRQA also participates in the technical committees that improve and develop standards including ISO, IETA, WRI, WBCSD and the ETG.
In addition to adding credibility to your climate and sustainability initiatives, LRQA’s approach to verification can help your organisation:
Learn more at www.cdp.net.
- Increase efficiency – LRQA Business Assurance focuses on performance, facilitating continual improvement and identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies and improve business processes
- Identify risks and opportunities – with LRQA Business Assurance, you have the confidence of knowing that our assurance approach focuses on helping you reduce sustainability risks and ensuring the accuracy of your reported data, thereby helping to protect your reputation
- Increase competitive advantage – with LRQA Business Assurance, we’ll focus on bench marking your emissions and reduction data to better enable you to implement effective emissions reduction strategies and differentiate yourself from the competition
- Increase financial performance and over- all effectiveness and efficiency
- Meet stakeholder needs and obtain a clear return on your sustainability investments