This in-house, one-day course will provide practical guidance on Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), when an assessment should be carried out, and the various stages of a DPIA including: initial assessment, preparation, information flows, consultation with stakeholders, analysis and documentation.
Benefits of attending
- Requirements of the GDPR. By providing you with a better understanding of the Regulation requirements, you will understand whether your organisation is mandated under the Regulation to conduct a DPIA and be provided with guidance to make sure you comply.
- Stages of a DPIA. This course will provide you with information and guidance on the different stages of a DPIA, from initial assessment, preparation, information flows, to consultation with stakeholders, analysis and documentation.
- Risk assessments and audits. By understanding the relationship between a DPIA and other risk and project management activities, you can reduce your time conducting risk assessments and data protection audits.
- Comply with the GDPR. A DPIA is already seen as good practice by the Regulation and even mandates it for high risk organisations or organisations with 250 employees or more. By attending this training course, you will be able to implement a DPIA ensuring you comply with the GDPR.
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are responsible for undertaking a DPIA or have been taksed with ensuring your organisation complies with the GDPR.
What will I learn?
- Session 1 – The DPIA and planning to conduct it
- Session 2 – Guidance from National Regulators
- Session 3 – The DPIA stages and approach
- Session 4 – Legal and other issue
- Session 5 – Reviewing your plans
- Session 6 – Further learning and support
Why should I attend?
- Protect your organisation from reputational damage and loss of business if your organisation receives a fine for not complying with the GDPR
- Understand the requirements of a DPIA under the Regulation to make sure your organisation complies
- Learn how to conduct your own DPIAs so you can continue to comply with the GDPR
What do I need to prepare for this course?
Before you attend this course, ideally you should possess some knowledge of the current requirements under the GDPR. Download Lloyd's Register's GDPR Overview guide for help and support or attend Lloyd's Register's GDPR Briefing workshop.