This one-day course will help you prepare for GDPR compliance. You will learn the new principles, updated concepts, the terms and definitions within the new regulation and the role and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer.
Benefits of attending
- Comply with the GDPR. By providing you with an understanding on the eight principles of data protection and how they relate to the workplace, this course will help you to prepare and work towards compliance with the new Regulation.
- Apply the GDPR rules in your organisation. Learn about the background, updated concepts, principles and terms and definitions used in the new Regulation and how these new rules apply and what your organisation needs to do to comply.
- Conduct a scoping exercise. This course will help you conduct a scoping exercise to understand the personal data your organisation processes. This may then lead to a gap analysis, privacy impact and risk assessment or a full data protection audit.
- Understand the Data Protection Officer (DPO) role. Understand whether your organisation is mandated to appoint the role of a DPO, the role of a DPO and what is required of a DPO to make sure your organisation complies with the GDPR.
Who should attend
Attend this course if you are responsible for GDPR compliance within your organisation or if you have been appointed the role of the DPO.
What will I learn?
- The eight principles of data protection and how they relate to the workplace
- The current requirements in Data Protection legislation
- The updated concepts and principles and their application in the new GDPR
- The role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- How the new rules around the GDPR apply to an organisation
- What may need to be done in your organisation to comply with the GDPR requirements
Why should I attend?
- If you are an IT compliance and/or legal professional you should attend this course to understand what is expected of your organisation to comply with the GDPR
- If you are taking on the role of the Data Protection Officer this course will help you to understand the role and what is required of you so your organisation complies with the GDPR. ideally to possess some knowledge of the current requirements in EU Data Protection legislation
What do I need to prepare for this course?
To attend this course you will need to possess knowledge of data privacy concepts and the GDPR. Download our GDPR Overview guide or attend our GDPR Briefing workshop.
Dates and Locations