This one-day course will help you prepare for GDPR compliance. You will learn the new principles, updated concepts, the terms and definitions within the new regulation and the role and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer.
You need this course if
- you need to learn how the regulation works, so you can prepare and work towards compliance for the new regulation that comes into force on 25 May 2018
- you need to conduct a scoping exercise that can then lead to a gap analysis, privacy impact and risk assessment or a full data protection audit
- you need to learn about the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and how to conform to the new parameters
- you need to to learn the background, updated concepts, principles and terms and definitions used in the new GDPR.
You will learn
- the eight principles of data protection and how they relate to the workplace
- the current requirements in Data Protection legislation
- the updated concepts and principles and their application in the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- how the new rules around GDPR apply to your organization
- what may need to be done in your organization to comply with the GDPR requirements.
You will need
- ideally to possess some knowledge of the current requirements in EU Data Protection legislation
Dates and Locations