Published in September 2007, ISO 22716 provides guidelines to organisations for the production, control, storage and distribution of cosmetic products. Certification to ISO 22716 allows organisations to demonstrate their commitment to safeguarding quality and safety for their customers and other stakeholders.
Benefits of ISO 22716
- Controls Hazards and Risks – Controls hazards and risks associated with cosmetic products, ensuring continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Supply Chain Management – As an internationally recognised standard it enables organisations to manage quality and safety compliance in the cosmetic products supply chain.
- Legal Compliance -Written by cosmetic industry professionals it ensures you comply with international law by looking at regulators around the world.
- Easy Implementation – Organisations of all sizes and complexity can implement ISO 22716 and it also integrates well with ISO 9001 and BRC Consumer Products.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 22716?
- With nearly 30 years’ experience in certificating organisations within the manufacturing sector, we are ideally placed to help your organisation become approved to ISO 22716.
- Our assessors will provide you with an objective view helping you to feel secure in the knowledge that you are managing and controlling your hazards and risks in your supply chain, providing you with business assurance.
Flexible Service Options
- We can provide a range of services to help you implement and certify your organisation against ISO 22716. These range from training, gap analysis and certification.
What is ISO 22716 certification?
ISO 22716:2007 Cosmetics - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - Guidelines on Good Manufacturing Practices
ISO 22716 provides Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines, rules and advice that underpin the European Union’s new Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009.
The regulation came into force on 11 July 2013, meaning that now all cosmetics products intended for use in the EU must strictly be developed and manufactured according to the Cosmetics GMP Guidelines.
It aims to enhance the safety of consumer cosmetic products through tight definition of manufacturing good practice across all elements of the supply chain leading to the production of the correct cosmetics to the correct specification.
This means involvement from start to finish, including manufacturers of raw materials as well as finished cosmetic producers, distributors, importers and exporters.
Certification to ISO 22716 provides compliance to all of the recommendations of the Cosmetics GMP Guidelines through its approach to documentation and regulation of the production, control, conditioning, storage and shipment of product.