“. . . It is estimated that the overall cost of security breaches to UK plc is several billion pounds a year. Isn’t it important to put in place practical measures to safeguard your business from becoming just another statistic?”
Information Security Breaches Survey 2008, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
It is becoming ever more important to protect your organisation's data or that of your customers.
Implementing an information security management system (ISMS) and gaining ISO 27001 certification will present a number of benefits to your company and to your customers.
The international management system standard for information security can help you to better manage your information assets and implement controls to help protect your organisation from an information security breach.
Benefits of ISO 27001 certification
- Competitive edge - ISO 27001 certiﬁcation by Lloyd's Register provides a public and independent statement of your capability which may help when responding to tenders.
- Minimising risk - ensures controls are in place to reduce the risk of security threats and to avoid any system weaknesses being exploited.
- Best practice - ISO 27001 certiﬁcation from Lloyd's Register gives you, and your customers, trading partners and other key stakeholders, conﬁdence that you have addressed all security risks.
- Reduced costs - following a methodical risk assessment approach ensures that resources are applied to reduce overall risk.
Why choose Lloyd's Register for ISO 27001 certification?
- Lloyd's Register has been at the forefront of standards development and involved in ISO 27001 certification and assessments for a number of years.
Proven track record
- We have high-proﬁle clients in the ﬁnance, telecommunications, software, internet, consultancy, justice and government sectors.
ISO 27001 specialist
- Our assessors are management system experts qualiﬁed in information security and other aspects of IT.
What is ISO 27001 certification?
The ISO 27001 standard for information security management systems (ISMS) is internationally recognised. It's a management system tool to help organisations better manage their information assets. ISO 27001 certification can help protect systems against computer-assisted fraud, cyber attack, sabotage and viruses. Breaches in information security can allow vital information to be accessed, stolen, corrupted or lost. How confident are you that you have appropriate controls and procedures in place to avoid such incidents?
ISO 27001 (formerly known as BS 7799) is based on the ‘plan – do – check – act’ model in common with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. It uses risk assessment and business impact analysis to identify and manage risk to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
Increasingly your clients and prospective clients will want to know how safe your IT systems are. More organisations now see certification to ISO 27001 as a prerequisite for doing business. Becoming ISO 27001 certified will assure stakeholders that you take your obligations seriously.