Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are responsible for managing your organisation’s information security and have been tasked with implementing and conducting internal audits of your ISMS against ISO 27001 requirements.
What will I learn?
- Develop an understanding of the structure and content of ISO 27001
- Provide insight into the contribution internal ISMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your management system
- Learn how to establish an effective internal audit system which conforms with ISO 27001
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an internal ISMS auditor
- Gain an understanding on how to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- Learn how to verify that your current practices in your organisation conform with defined requirements
- Understand that auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of your ISMS
- Develop knowledge on how to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documentation
- Learn how to report findings accurately
- Understand what corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- Learn how to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken place
Why should I attend?
- To protect your organisation from a breach in information security
- Implement an ISMS in line with ISO 27001 requirements and achieve successful certification to ISO 27001
- If you are required to perform internal audits of your ISMS against ISO 27001 requirements this course will help
- Or if you are an experienced auditor looking at extending your role into information security, this course will provide you with the knowledge you need.
What do I need to prepare for this course?
Before you attend this course you will need to be familiar with the types of data held by your organisation and the methods used to store and process this data.
You should have a good understanding of ISO 27001 and its requirements. LRQA recommends you attend our ‘Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 requirements’ and ‘ISO 27001:2013 Implementation’ courses prior to attending this course.
- 14 CPD hours
- Training presentation and slides
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
- Pen and notepad
NB – Accommodation is not included, but should you wish LRQA to book accommodation for you, we will be happy to help.
Simply select the relevant dinner, bed and breakfast option during the checkout process or speak to one of our training advisors on 0800 328 6543.
Dates and Locations