CQI & IRCA certified training course number: 17540
This three day course is for qualified lead auditors who have successful completed an IRCA registered lead auditor course and wish to develop their professional qualifications by adding ISO 27001:2013 to their skill set.
By already successfully completing an IRCA registered lead auditor course in any discipline, LRQA are able to reduce the number of training days required for an existing lead auditor to become a qualified ISO 27001 lead auditor.
This course will build upon your existing auditing experience to develop your knowledge on information security management systems (ISMS) and ISO 27001:2013 requirements.
Delivered by our ISO 27001 training experts, this course will develop your skills to enable you to lead, plan, implement and report on your organisation’s ISMS against ISO 27001 requirements.
This course will provide you with the skills needed to audit ISMS processes and their interaction with other processes and how to work and control an audit team using practical examples and role play related to an ISMS audit.
Who should attend?
Attend this course if you are responsible for managing your organisation’s information security and are in charge of leading your organisation’s ISMS audits against ISO 27001 requirements.
You may also find this course useful if you are an information security management system consultant providing advice on ISO 27001 and require formal training and recognition through IRCA.
What will I learn?
- The importance of information security for the organisation and its customers
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 27001 requirements
- How to review typical documentation an organisation would prepare in order to meet ISO 27001 requirements
- Develop a practical value added documentation audit report
- Understand how to audit selected security controls
- Learn how to plan, conduct and conclude a practical audit
- Learn how to report findings accurately against ISO 27001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Assess corrective action effectively to eliminate causes of any problems found
Why should I attend?
If you have already successfully completed a lead auditor course in another discipline and you want to ensure your organisation meets the requirements of ISO 27001, attend this course to conduct audits against this standard.
Alternatively, attend this course if you are a management system consultant providing advice on ISO 27001and require formal training and recognition through IRCA.
What do I need to prepare for this course?
You must have a good understanding of ISO 27001:2013 requirements as well as possess the knowledge of ISMS principles and concepts including the understanding for the need, assignment of responsibility, management commitment and the interests of stakeholders for information security.
You must also have successfully completed an IRCA or equivalent certified lead auditor course in another discipline and have completed 2 hours of course work prior to attending this course.
- 26 CPD hours
- Training presentation and slides
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
- Pen and notepad
NB – Accommodation is not included, but should you wish LRQA to book accommodation for you, we will be happy to help.
Simply select the relevant dinner, bed and breakfast option during the checkout process or speak to one of our training advisors on 0800 328 6543.
Dates and Locations