ISO 29001 certification is the quality management standard for organisations working within the oil, gas and petrochemical industry supply chain. ISO/TS 29001:2010 provides additional requirements to ISO 9001 specifically intended for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
As a leading provider of management system certification and associated training services to the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries, LRQA is in an ideal position to provide services to this international technical specification.
Benefits of ISO 29001
- Best Practice – it is envisaged that it will become the common basis for the industry’s quality management systems requirements worldwide so helping to reduce or eliminate multiple assessments with the additional benefits of reduction in disruption to the business, associated paperwork and costs.
- Competitive edge - increasingly, organisations within the supply chain will need certification against this standard in order to secure contracts.
- Continual improvement – development of a quality management system that provides continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain and from service providers.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 29001?
- LRQA has been at the forefront of standards development and involvement in QMS assessment and certification for many years.
Proven Track Record
- We have high-profile clients in the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
- Our assessor are management systems experts qualified in quality and other aspects.
What is ISO 29001 certification?
For organisations working within the oil and gas industry supply chain, certification to ISO/TS 29001 represents a significant opportunity for standardisation and improvement. First published in 2003, it was developed by ISO and the international oil and gas industry, led by the American Petroleum Institute (API).