What is ISO 55001 certification?
ISO 55001 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an organisation’s asset management system and can be applied to any organisation where physical assets are central to their business.
An ISO 55001 certificated asset management system (AMS) allows organisations to manage risk which helps to support business growth and improvement. It enables objective benchmarking of performance across all sectors, both public & private, regulated & unregulated and it allows improved financial performance without sacrificing short or long-term organisational performance.
Benefits of ISO 55001
- Managed risk - Ongoing review of processes, procedures and asset performance enables informed management decisions that balance cost, risk, opportunity and performance to improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness, so managing and reducing risk associated with ownership of assets.
- Supports business growth and improvement - A robust asset management system (AMS) aids improvement with formalised, prioritised and coordinated implementation plans to which the entire organisation can understand and commit.
- Benchmarking - As good practice in asset management is mostly independent of asset type, ISO 55001 enables objective comparison of performance across industrial sectors, between regulated/non-regulated and public/private environments.
- Improved financial performance - A good AMS can facilitate improved return on investment and cost reduction without sacrificing short or long-term organisational performance, which in turn can lead to preservation of asset value so aiding the bottom line/profit.
- Improved services and organisational sustainability - Effective management of short and long-term effects, expenditures and performance improves sustainability, allowing the organisation to consistently meet or exceed the performance and social responsibility expectations to satisfy the needs of stakeholders.
- Enhanced reputation through compliance - Transparent conformity with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements and adherence to quality and asset management standards, policies and processes means improved customer satisfaction, stakeholder awareness and confidence.
Why choose LRQA for ISO 55001
Unsurpassed knowledge in the field
- Lloyd’s Register took a leading role in the development of PAS 55, and its evolution to ISO 55001.
World leader in the provision of services
- We are the world leader in the provision of asset management assessment and certification services, certifying in excess of 60 organisations across the globe.
Significant business benefits for clients
- ISO 55001 focuses on helping organisations develop a proactive approach to lifecycle asset management. Benefits include supporting the optimisation of assets, reduction of ownership costs, and compliance to health and safety requirements.