Add to your credibility and up-skill your knowledge by attending this four-day lead auditor training course. Successful completion will enable you to conduct external audits against ISO 9001.
You learn how to prepare on-site audits, develop checklists, audit processes, gather and evaluate objective evidence, report findings, write non-conformity reports, and relate your audit findings to policy and objectives.
You need this course if
- you want to audit Quality Management Systems against ISO 9001 requirements
- you are an Auditor or Quality System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body.
You will learn
- the purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9000 principles of quality management
- essential definitions to help you interpret and audit ISO 9001 requirements
- to analyse ISO 9001 clauses and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- to plan and conduct an interview with top management and evaluate an organisation’s quality policy and objectives
- to prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
- how to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- how to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- to report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- how to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need
- knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience of auditing
- ideally to have attended our ISO 9001 Appreciation and Interpretation course
- to understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
- to have good knowledge of ISO 9001 and possess knowledge of these quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the seven Quality Management Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; the Model of a Process Based Quality Management System; the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre course work prior to attending the course.
Your future development
- OH&S and EMS Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
Dates and Venues