Who can help with Cyber Essentials?
|Cyber Essentials certification and assessment can be undertaken by cybersecurity experts Nettitude, a member of the Lloyd’s Register group.
As a CREST affiliated company, Nettitude has been delivering security architecture consulting, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, risk management and technical security auditing for more than a decade.
Its highly experienced consultants can assist you in defining the scope for Cyber Essentials and provide you with a roadmap for achieving the overall certification.
The Two levels of Cyber Essentials certification?
If your organisation is looking at gaining certification to Cyber Essentials, there are two levels of certification available: Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Cyber Essentials. This is the foundation level certificate that conducts technical risk assessments including a self-assessment questionnaire and an external vulnerability assessment. It ensures all five requirements of Cyber Essentials are addressed to help protect your organisation against 80% of cyber-attacks.
- Cyber Essentials Plus. For organisations looking for a higher-level of assurance, Cyber Essentials Plus certification provides all the benefits of Cyber Essentials, plus your cyber security is verified by independent experts.
The Five Controls of Cyber Essentials
According to the UK government, the five requirements in Cyber Essentials can help protect organisations from around 80% of cyber-attacks. Whether your organisation decides to achieve certification to the scheme, these five controls will help your organisation to:
- Secure your internet connection
- Secure your software and devices
- Control access to your data and services
- Protect from viruses and other malware
- Keep your devices and software up to date*