Seafood assurance has a major role to play; the benefits of sustainable fisheries and fish farming as well as the need to mitigate the environmental impacts of fishing and aquaculture are increasingly in the public consciousness.
At the same time, the lack of properly implemented schemes has often failed to curb fishing effort, prevent overfishing and avoid environmental degradation.
Lloyd’s Register (LR) has an unmatched track record within the seafood arena and delivers a comprehensive range of audits for the broadest range of fisheries and aquaculture standards. Through our portfolio and global team of experts for seafood, we are able to offer true sea to fork coverage with joined up solutions.
- 100% of UK assured Salmon and Trout audits
- Delivered audits in 40+ countries
- Over 100 associates and specialist auditors
- Largest provider of MSC Sustainable Fishing Assessments
- Over 100 species of fish assessed
- Experts in seafood supplier audits for retailers and manufacturers
- Provider of the world’s only ethical and welfare audit for fishing vessels
- Pioneered the 1st accredited aquaculture standard.
From the largest manufacturers and processors to the smallest suppliers, LR’s range of food safety and sustainability assurance services can help you achieve your goals. Our audits and inspections include the following standards:
- ASC Farms Standard
- Various Chain of Custody Standards (MSC / ASC)
- MSC Sustainable Fishing Standard
Why choose Lloyd’s Register
We are now one of the only service providers able to offer a complete range of compliance solutions aimed at reducing risk to businesses by improving food safety, sustainability and ethical standards.
Breadth of service - enables us to meet the demands of larger more complex customers.
Team of specialists - with extensive practical industry expertise.
Tailored services - to meet the specific needs and expectations of our customers.
Customer friendly technology - built for the food sector by people who know the industry.
Get in touch
To learn more about our Seafood services, call 0800 783 2179 or fill our enquiry form.
* Accredited Seafood services are delivered by Acoura.