Virgin Media Business is the largest business to business company in the Virgin Group. Its unique £13 billion nationwide fibre optic network is 186,000km long, and is able to reach 85% of businesses in the UK, over 1500 corporate customers and over 30,000 public sector sites.
Virgin Media Business wanted a training programme to help staff gain an in depth understanding of the ISO 27001 standard, to improve knowledge of ISO 27001 controls and process implementation, leading to certification. ·
- To maximise customer opportunities within the Public Sector where there is a focus on attaining defined levels of information security · To gain certification to meet client’s needs, to protect existing business and to meet aggressive public sector targets ·
- To train employees in limited time frames, a fast and effective solution was required. ·
- To ensure tailored training to their exact specifications, and business needs.
- Delivered by an experienced trainer to ensure success.
- The training designed for Virgin Media Business was an introduction to NGN 224 and ISO 27001, entwined with awareness training sessions to improve flexibility and understanding on why the training was necessary
- A two session pilot scheme was delivered to the Business Security Operation Centre (BSOC), as this unit on a day to day basis were involved with customer information security, and responsible for delivering the security compliance services. This initial training was then reviewed and tailored prior to rolling out training to other business units. ·
- 40 training sessions were delivered in locations nationwide to several hundred employees from administration to Senior Managers over 30 days.
CLIENT BENEFITS & RESULTS
- Virgin Media Business employees gained understanding of the company compliance strategy
- NGN 224 and ISO27001 Certification were achieved, maximising opportunity and compliance with existing and new clients.
- Employees across the business understood and now implemented the requirements of a certified Management System.
- Further awareness training, auditor training and other bespoke training is planned to ensure Continuous Improvement and continuity of the approach